1. Must be a Utah resident and U.S. or naturalized citizen.
2. Must be enrolled in courses during the semester you are requesting funds for.
3. You cannot be on academic or financial aid probation. Academic and financial aid transcripts will be verified. Preference will be given to full-time students with financial need.
4. You must maintain a 2.5 GPA or greater.
5. On a separate sheet of paper, please submit a Personal Statement describing the following: your academic and/or vocational achievements, personal goals, and any barriers you have overcome to achieve your goals. Please be specific with any financial barriers you have. or are currently experiencing. Click here to see a template of how to best write your Personal Statement.
6. Please provide a one page thank you letter addressed to the Utah State Legislators. Click here to see a template of how to best write your Thank You Letter.
7. Review of applications will begin one (1) month prior to the commencement of each semester. Awards will be given on a semester basis. You will need to re-apply each semester. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please print legibly and attach your typed personal statement and thank you letter.